Atelihai, Hi, Bonjour!
My apologies for not posting lately.
- My poem did publish in June! The accompanying art is not mine while I do like it. It's a short, sweet, honest poem. Woohoo! Feedback welcome.
- I am preparing for my class that starts in two weeks. My class is one of a kind! I am grateful I have earned a ValleyCreates Project Evolution Grant! (It's under my legal name since it involves money. I prefer my given name all day, every day for years now.)
I have taught for years and an online class seemed the most natural choice during this 2+ year pandemic times. I believe this class is extra-special. It's a BIPOC-only poet and artists class. We'll write poetry and paint with acrylics within a three-hour class each week for a bit. I'm thrilled to do this! We have themes and are ready. We have social media pages on the ready. They are:
Feel free to like and follow us on each platform. I haven't posted yet as I'm waiting for all the supplies to arrive in the mail. You can still follow us.
- I have also been painting for an art show in August. It's an all-Indigenous artist show held in Plymouth Center for the Arts. I have two of four pieces ready. They'll be at the frame shop by end of July.
This is the flyer-
(My art is not on the flyer.) I noticed PCA is on Facebook. You can follow them. I reshared the flyer on my personal FB page. More news the closer we are.
- I do have an article coming out soon on ArtsHub of Western Mass. Really fun. I'll post it here when it's live.
- I will vend at a powwow in Canton, MA in September. More news later.
- I was asked to be in another all-Indigenous art show later this year. I am over the moon. When one gets a message, "Hey Sis-" you know it's good. More news on that later.
Life is good! Water is Life. Wear a mask. Register to vote.
Even though the news is awful and we need to vote like our lives depend on it. Because it does! I'm past childbearing age and have a 20+-year-old. However, my ancestors and I did not survive for this anaq! My angutik, pop, papa did not fight for America for this anaq!
Nakummek for checking in. Follow me on Instagram: @ella_alk or on Twitter: @ellaalk. Tell a friend. Email me at ella dot alkiewicz at gmail dot com if you have questions or comments.